Thursday, January 20, 2011

Post-Project Reflection #2

Scrub Our School



Co-leaders: Anna S., Griselda C.


The project didn't go as smoothly as I envisioned, but we got everything done. I needed to run around a lot, tracking down people and giving them forms for community service hours. Not everyone showed up to help but there were some unexpected helpers for the project.
In the end, we did what we planned to do and everyone filled out their forms. The teachers appreciated the help from the students. Ms. Juarez got her computers dusted, Mr. S. got his room rearranged, and Mr. Ward, Ms. Wilson, and Ms. Durrant got their desks and boards cleaned. The only problem was that I felt like I wasn't prepared enough. The day of the project was hectic and I was worried that we wouldn't accomplish our goal. I will make a note to be more prepared from now on with both the Leadership class and any other projects I do in the future.
Anna, Griselda and I all did our own jobs in the project. We wouldn't have been able to do it if one of us weren't helping. Anna found teachers who needed their rooms cleaned, Griselda helped clean Ms. Durrant's room when we didn't have any helpers to do it, and I took responsibility for the community service forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment